Om plasma ion nitriding is a well established setup of plasma nitriding process.
We are here with thorough knowledge of the technology to serve you better enhancing productivity which may help in your organizational development.
- Surface hardness
- Wear resistance
- Fatigue strength
It gives consistency in hardness & case depth all over the surface which is not noticeable in conventional process i.e gas nitriding.
- It increases wear resistance & fatigue strength.
- Distortion is almost zero.
- Surface finish is excellent.
- Parts to be treated are placed in a vacuum chamber at low pressure
- High D.C voltage(typically around 1000 volts) is established between the parts and the chamber wall.
- Nitrogen gas is introduced into the vaccum chamber which produces a glow discharge plasma(ionised gas) around the parts.
- The bombardment of reactive nitrogen atoms on the surface of the work load forms a thin layer of hard metal nitrides.
:Plasma Ion Nitriding:
- Power Metallurgy - Gears bushes, Synchromesh rings
- Aluminum Industry - Dies for casting & extruding
- Forging Industry - All kinds of dies for hammering and pressings[cold forging, impression forging, open forging]
- Metal Casting & Moulding Industries - Mould for non-ferrous metals & alloys
- Automobile Industry - Crank Shafts, Cam Shafts, Gear, Pistons, Cylinders, Valves, Valves Springs, Synchromesh rings
- Machine Building - Shafts, spindles , side rails, instruments for cold & hot rolling, dies, punches for deep drawing, Pump cylinders, milling & drilling tools[milling cutters, rams, drills , taps , broaches etc.,]
- Plastic Industry - Extruder Screws, Cylinders, Moulds for injection moulding
- Power Engineering - Turbines, Shafts , Spindles, Gears
Typical applications include gears, crankshafts, camshafts, cam followers, valve parts, extruder screws, die-casting tools, forging dies, extrusion dies, injectors and plastic-mold tools.Advantages of Plasma Nitriding are:
- Low temprature process
- Lower cost
- Environmental friendly
- Less distortion of work pieace
- Chamber size - Ø1000 x 1200mm
- Capacity - 1000 Kgs
- Microscope, Neophot-2 , Carl Zeiss Jena, Germany
- Vickers Hardness Tester, Vickers Armstrong [Engineers] ltd, England